Savoury Mince with BANG Flavour!
Savoury mince – probably not what most of us think as the most exciting meal to eat, right ?
Well, in this case, you might just be surprised with the homemade feel and nutritional benefits of my Savoury Mince with BANG flavour, not named so because it doesn’t taste amazing!
Foods like your humble savoury mince are often overlooked in contemporary kitchen cooking; a less interesting meal perhaps in relation to relatively exotic ingredients available in supermarkets and grocers today. But that doesn’t stop this dish from complying with the core principles and golden rations of fat, carbs and proteins in low-carb and keto eating.
For LCHF’ers and Keto-adapated individuals, sometimes a quick dinner that fits your macros, and tastebuds; is a no fuss meal that becomes a staple of your consistent diet.
After all, consistency is key in ketogenic dieting.
Savoury Mince with BANG Flavour
- 1 Spanish Onion (Red Onion)
- 1 Egg
- Spinach (enough to cover the base of a small plate)
- 1/2 Cup Snap Frozen Garden Peas
- 500g Grass Fed Beef Mince
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Stock (make your own if you can!)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Small Red Chilli
- 100g of Mushrooms (or as desired)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste (Organic)
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- Salt (Pink Rock)
- Olive Oil
- Finely chopping the onion, g arlic, mushrooms, garlic, and chilli.
- Splash some olive oil into a saucepan, apply medium heat.
Cooking, part 1.
- Fry onions until translucent, then turn the heat up to high.
- Add the mince and stir.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Continue to break up the mince, for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic once the meat is browned.
Cooking, part 2.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add peas, 2 Tbsp of tomato paste, 1 Tbsp of cumin powder, and combine.
- Next add the mushrooms, chilli.
- Remove the meat mixture from the saucepan when it has blended well and cooked through.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Quickly poach some eggs to at this point also, to prepare the dish for plating.
- Place the fresh spinach onto a small plate around the base.
- Serve the mince on the bed of spinach, and –
- Place the poached egg on top.