Bacon and Ricotta Pancakes (Yes, I said Pancakes)
Soft, and warm ricotta pancakes paired with butter – topped with crispy bacon and a double cream dollop.
Really, this dish needs no further introduction. And if your mouth isn’t watering yet – well, it should be!
Now I know what some of you will be thinking at this point. This looks like a fatty and/or junk meal. Wrong. After you’ve eaten in a ketogenic style for a while, eventually you will get a feel for what foods will, or won’t affect your personal state of ketosis. Many factors play into how ‘durable’ you state of fat-adaption is, or how quickly your body can cope with an input of carbs before normalising it’s insulin levels.
Whatever the case – this low-carb savoury dessert plays by the low-carb principles and ratios, and will be satisfy without having to worry about the numbers.
Bacon and Ricotta Pancakes
- 4 Eggs
- 40g Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
- 1 tsp KetosisTools Birch Bark Xylitol
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 10g Grass-fed Butter (per pancake)
- 4 Rashers of Bacon
- 3 Dollops of Double Cream
- Whisk eggs with Ricotta, Stevia, Vanilla and Oil (use a blender if it has a whisk option)
- Continue until you achieve a smooth, and light consistency.
- Heat fry pan to medium heat,
- Add butter, swirl until the base is coated.
- After 20-40 seconds the mixture should be golden brown, FLIP
- In 1 tbsp of butter, pan-fry the bacon rashers.
- Place 2 rashers of bacon on top of a pair of pancakes,
- add a generous dollop of cream on the side.
- Repeat once and serve for two.
And we’re done!